Saturday, June 19, 2010

Ode to Blogging

I love you, but I hate you. I always want to blog, but I seldom find the time, what was once an exquisite escape from study-induced boredom is now a slog through countless pictures amid less-than-witty sayings.

Why do I blog? Is if for the adoration of my (relatively) many followers? The battle fought as words are wrestled from a chaos of sound and organized into cadences that depict thoughts and ideas, frozen in time? Is it because of man's great desire to leave something of himself behind, to carve his name into the proverbial tree, to jump into the great conversation if to only say "HA! I have nothing to contribute, but you are listening nonetheless!" (see: Hilton, Paris)? Many are the reasons to blog, to criticize, credit, complain or congratulate, but they all pale in comparison to the one and great reason that is to post awesome pictures, and hopefully, captions that can capture the thousand words that each picture represents and distill them down to a brief (and hopefully funny, deep or poignant) remark, cementing word and image, forever linked. Blog on fellow bloggers, blog on I say.

"Matt, through the burgeoning affects of long-awaited puberty, once and for all proved through outward expression his dearth of inner contemplation."

No comments: