Sunday, October 10, 2010

I am not lazy, I am busy, so busy that when I do have time I am too lazy to blog

It is time for another post. I have to apologize to anyone that used to read this blog, I have not kept up in recent months. Consider this my apology to all of the blogs I visited and thought in my mind "they never blog!" I am now your brother, and you my, whatever.

I just needed to do a little update. I saw M.C. Hammer live at the park. He still has it. It was free and very cool, the pure awesomeness was not lessened by the fact that it was really a concert for elementary kids. I also saw a late model green Cadillac nearby and I am sure that it is Hammer's. My friend from Oakland also told me that back when Hammer was huge he used to drive around Oakland blasting his own songs in his car. If I ever cut a record I am totally doing that.

More stuff I did. I went to Reno. I talked about this in the family letter, and I think those letters are the reason that I do not post as much, I feel like I tell the family everything that they need to know when I write those. I can still post pictures and stuff that I forget, so that is not a very good excuse.

Reno was very cool though. My roommate Mark was showing me that it is a cool place to live, and I think he is right. It was not too bad. The high altitude also makes it not as hot in the summer. Might be a good option in the future, only four hours from S.F. and eight from SLC. It is not very high on my options list though, don't worry. Las Vegas, Portland and SLC are all higher. So is D.C. This might be a good time to reiterate my deal with the siblings/friends. Find me a job (in the legal field, babysitting is not really an option at this point unless it is a really good offer), and I will move by you, and maybe name a child after you. Emphasis on the maybe.

Back to Reno, it was a cool trip and we got to swing by Lake Tahoe on the way home, which is just beautiful in the summer.
The bright lights of Reno. Sounds like an awesome country song. What you cannot tell from this picture is that I am on my bike. I biked all over Reno at night, and it was awesome. Good biking city def a plus when I am looking at jobs.

This picture also bring up another relevant point. It is beard season again. Each year my beard comes in a little stronger. Migrating from the back of my head I am assuming, but I have no proof. Except photographic proof. Here is a little slice of beard season, about four weeks in.
That is right. Better than ever, plus, that tomato is telling a story of its own. I love how each picture is feeding into the next story. You may remember that I planted a garden back when I had a lot of free time on my hands. Well, except for a few cherry tomatoes, that garden was a complete flop, something burrowed in there and ate all my seeds. However, I had also planted a tomato plant in my house. In a "As seen on TV" Topsy-Turvy thing. It really works, next year see me gushing about it in their commercial. Seriously though folks, I grew that tomato and many more are growing. I had a BT (would have been a BLT but I don't have any lettuce) last night and it was delicious. On an unrelated note, who remembers eating lettuce with sugar on it growing up? Oh man, Harrison kids would seriously do anything to get sugar into our bodies. OK, here is the tomato plant.
It looks a little weak in these pictures, but is actually quite awesome and healthy. I get a lot of compliments on it, plus a lot of people like to say "who is growing the tomatoes indoors?" and other stuff like that. Haters. I am still getting blossoms and little tomatoes are growing, so I think I will continue to have tomatoes until it gets colder here in S.F., which might not be til November or December, or it might be tomorrow. I am just going to enjoy it while I can. Besides that I am having a great time and living the dream.
I have really been studying a lot during the week but I try to take some time off on the weekends at night at least. I finish my big brief this week, so that will free up some time that I can then use to focus on things that I have been neglecting all semester, yay! That is all for now, I need to go to bed so I can get up early tomorrow, but I will leave you with a picture from the General Conference Breakfast Party I threw on Saturday a week ago. The angry one is my roommate, Peter, I think he is joking.
OK, I will give you one more. Here is one my friend K.C. took. Notice how I am carefully focused in the background, Mom. Good times conference. Someone also randomly brought M&Ms, so it was just like family times!
Thanks for playing. In the next post look for Hacksaw to attempt to catch a large amount of whipped cream in him mouth. Stay tuned!

9 comments:

Nicole said...

I'm assuming you would name twins after me if I was able to find you a fashion law job in biketastic Portland? Also, nice tomatoes and I totally forgot about the lettuce, but it's true, we loved it.

Brooke said...

I've seen the tomato plant, and what has been said is true, it is a thriving enigma in it's indoor san franciscan environment.
my job is hiring! but you'd only be a court clerk, barely higher than what i am. but it is a court, so it counts, right?

Jamie said...

I HATE lettuce. But I choked it down. More than once for that suagr!

Tyler Pulsipher said...

There is no such thing as an awesome country song. I thought you were smarter than that.

Marian said...

Wow, Harrison's unite! We ate sugar on lettuce too as kids! I would put on much sugar as I could and fold it into a sugar envelope!

angie said...

I love ya Matt! My adopted brother. I like your tomatoes- seriously good job and now I want a BLT. Also, you look very handsome with your beard.

Krystle said...

I think the last photo was photoshopped...I know it looks like I may have been resting my eyes, but I was actually just looking down at my notebook taking copious notes...

Unknown said...

Matt. I showed one of my coworkers some pictures of you on facebook, and she's all, OMG, your brother is so hot! And I accidentally said, I know! followed by an awkward silence. I said nothing after. ha HA! I don't know what embarrassment is. Anywhoo, she would love to date you if you ever move back to the slc.

Kenny MacDougal

Anna Vital said...

Matt, I love this article! It made me laugh -- I really like your writing style. Looking forward to the next peek into Matt's world ;)