Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Let's Call it "Clean Dancing", because I'm sure he danced to Heaven

Two dancing icons in one year, to quote Wham!, "I don't ever want to dance again, guilty feet ain't got no rhythm." My heart beats with a leaden slowness, Patrick Swayze is dead. While I won't tarnish his memory by claiming that I was as big a fan of his as I was of Micheal Jackson, at one time or another I think we were all a little "Crazy for Swayze." He married his wife in 1975, and they were married for 34 years. That alone tells you he was different from the run of the mill Hollywood crew. Patrick was classically trained in ballet, and his dancing skills, combined with his devil may care good looks opened the door to his acting career and our hearts. While he will always be remembered for Red Dawn, Dirty Dancing, and Ghost, let's not forget his other hits like The Outsiders and Roadhouse. Patrick, you were a dancing man among men. To commemorate his life, I think this picture of when I went as Patrick Swayze for Halloween in 2006 will do the trick. With that being said, I hope we can all take a moment of silence and remember his prophetic words, "Nobody puts baby in the corner."

5 comments:

Nicole said...

Patrick danced his way into many a heart. Love the tank top.

Brooke said...

your blog messes up my vision like crazy, it's a neat trick getting it to bring water streaming down my face.

Kim, Byron H & M said...

Anyone who can use the term "devil may care good looks" in a blog is blogger whose talent is beyond my comprehension. Great blog, great picture. That picture is a clear witness that you can rightfully call yourself a Patrick Swayze fan.

Tyler Pulsipher said...

Swayze's passing is lamentable, but look at all the goodness he left us. He is great in The Outsiders and jumped started nearly a dozen careers in the progress (look at the credits sometime, it's amazing). Thank you for your Wham! quote, it helps me understand your grief much better.

The Chad said...

I remember that Halloween well. I was goth, you were Swayze, and Puls was Tom Selleck as Magnum PI. On second thought, let's not think about that Halloween.