Sunday, September 21, 2008

Hooray for Family! Part Duex(?)

Okay, lets get this Portland leg of the trip started off right.















I like to call this one the money maker, or it would be if Asher had his eyes on the camera. Nevertheless, it was a good couple a days in Portland with the Leaps and the Merills.














I drove out to the reunion with Lisa and Brian and it was a lot of fun to be able to mess around with them and their little kids. While Ollie's still a little young for farm animals, Asher was having a time and I think it's pretty clear that he liked the trucks. I guess Brian did too.









That trip was a lot of fun and the best part for everyone was definitely the family times. Just Kidding, it was the crabbing. Just Kidding, no, it was the crabbing, yeah. Anywho, it sure looks like everyone had a good time.















You better just simmer down Kimmercakes, you got one on the way.











Here's a couple with Nick, Lis (I didn't really get Craig or Brain before they left) and the Nuttals. I think it is interesting that Naomi failed to look at the camera twice, although she did manage to look a little worried in the one.
I don't think that anyone can forget that picture to the left, there we are in all our mighty Adamsoness. Just to alieve your fears a little, I think this was supposed to be the "rage" one, and if it wasn't I don't think I care to believe otherwise. For my sake. On that note, I'll let you all go. I just wanted to say that one of the reasons I wanted to post this blog was just that I realized what a great family we have (the originals and the supplements). It was really awesome to see everyone this summer, since it might have been my last opportunity to really take off and go everywhere. You all of course are welcome to visit me anytime (we are close on an apartment we looked at a couple this weekend and we will probably take one of them). But I seriously enjoyed seeing everyone. It was great to go see Karl and Conni and spend time with their boys, and I am looking forward to going East again as soon as I get the chance. We all loved visiting Kim and Byron and of course they went out of their way to make sure we had a good trip. Finally, going to Portland to see Lis and Nick and their families was awesome. It really is amazing to me how well we get along. I not only had fun this summer but I really felt welcome everywhere we went. I hope everyone understands what a great thing that is, as a family, to be able to feel that comfortable around one another. Twelve kids and there are only a couple that I could maybe say we could do without. Just kidding. I really love all of you guys and thanks again Dad and Mom for everything you've done. I for one am incredibly grateful and hope to see you soon.
hugs and more hugs, Hacksaw.














Did you really think that I would leave you guys with that bad taste in your mouth from that last picture? I may want to get rid of a couple of you but nobody is that cruel. The Olliemiester and I.

No comments: