Thursday, September 11, 2008

Who wants some good news?

So, to use a phrase from my England days, things are going swimmingly, old chap! I think my English accent is coming back! Just kidding, but that second line is actually something I heard from one of my sisters a few years ago, sorry ______, it isn't back. So on to the good news!
First of all, I'm going to see how many sentences I can end with an exclamation point! Just kidding, that would be lame! OK, seriously now. School is good and even though my writing class is starting to pile on the work, I've still got my head above water. The real news is that I decided to come out of my shell, I know, I know, I'm 26, I should live a little. Anyway, I thought it would be fun to be part of the Hastings student association or ASUCH as we call it over here. There are 1L, 2L, and 3L reps so I ran to be a section (5) rep, and I won! Which is cool.
I ran my campaign using the Hacksaw method, which is to say I mentioned in my bio that Hacksaw was my nickname, and I mentioned it again in my speech. I may have also let slip that the reason people call me that is solely for the fact that I'm cutting edge (no, not the movie, I wish!). Needless to say I was the only candidate (there were four) who got a laugh and I rode that rollicking wave of laughter right into office.
That is the real news, this really just gives me the opportunity to get involved on committees and do some Hastings and community service. It will also be neat to be a part of a student association that is really run by the students, no faculty at all, just aye or nay. So begins my public life, farewell to all who now must be hid from the public eye to avoid future embarrassment, you know who you are. !
p.s. Birthday pictures and post forthcoming! and we looked at some apartments today so I'll keep you posted.

No comments: