Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Even those we don't know personally can leave a little hole in our life

I was just reading a little blurb about Elder Wirthlin and Urban Meyer, who used to be the University of Utah football coach. I just wanted to say that Elder Wirthlin was a great man. I can hear his voice in my mind as he talked about playing football and showing love to others. You could really hear in his voice what kind of man he was. I hope we all put ourselves out there on our sleeves like that. To be the kind of person who you can hear kindness on their voice, that is a worthy goal. I am going to miss Elder Wirthlin in conference, not big in stature, but a giant in spirit.

2 comments:

Conni said...

I was sad when I heard yesterday about Elder Wirthlin passing away. He was a great man and a truly genuine person. I loved his last conference talk and he will be missed. I bet the reunion on the other side was a great one!

Adamson Family said...

I didn't know until I looked at your blog. He will be missed. I always liked how is talks seemed to be a little less planned and straight from the heart.