Monday, December 1, 2008

It's begining to look a lot like Christmas!!!

My Christmas decorating this year so far consists of me putting colorful tabs on my torts book. As you can see I am done and it is fabulous, but for some reason it isn't making me jolly. I guess I just need more Mariah Carey Christmas.

In related news, I almost got hit by a car this morning.

It wasn't a big deal, if the car would have hit me it only would have consisted of a few bruises for me and a big negligence lawsuit for the guy that almost hit me, so he's actually the lucky one. The story has a funny ending, however, and that is why I am writing this.

(Curtain Rises) Matt is walking across a crosswalk on the way to catch the bus, a white pick-up approaches.

Just kidding, I'm not going to reenact it like it was a play. I was on the crosswalk and a guy in a white pick-up was driving towards the stop sign. I am in the habit of looking to see if they see me from riding my bike so I looked up and I could see his face so I assumed he saw me, he also started slowing down so I kept walking. About the time I would have been a few feet away he got to the point where he either needed to push the brakes harder to come to a complete stop, or ease up on them to roll through the stop sign. He elected to roll through the stop sign, about a foot in front of me, If I would have taken another step I would have hit him, but I had stopped walking as he was not going to stop. At this point he rolled up far enough that I must have come into his peripheral vision. I guess I had been in the sweet spot where the frame of his car had blocked his sight. Even though he was abreast of me by this time he hit the brakes hard to stop as soon as he saw me. I had looked up as soon as I realized he wasn't stopping and managed to see his face as soon as he saw me, it was classic. One eye was all the way open, eyebrow raised, the other eye almost squinted shut, while his mouth was silently screaming. I think his face was stuck half in surprise for seeing me and half squinted up in anticipation of a collision. All around pretty funny, you don't get to say that every time you narrowly avoid a collision with something. I experimented with my web camera and this is as close as I could come to his actual expression.


Good time, good times. (Curtain falls, end scene).

4 comments:

Shad and Brittany said...

Nice re-enactment face!
So how are ya Matt? I got your blog from Kendra! See you at the next family gathering!
Your cousin,
Brittany

Conni said...

I thought you were going to put on an unusual face...but it looks a lot like the picture below it. (Karl made me put that)

Brooke said...

haha i just laughed. OUT LOUD.

Nama said...

that's a great face. that's the face i saw on a lot of people's faces at 4 am at wal-mart on black friday. ah, the holidays.