Saturday, December 6, 2008

Quote of the Day

Here I am writing my Civil Procedure outline, and I thought I would share what our T.A. called a quote of the day. This to show you all how exciting law school can be! The sad part is summary judgment is exciting for me. Civil Procedure is actually my favorite class, law school is not for everyone. Now the quote!

"Summary Judgment procedure is properly regarded not as a disfavored procedural shortcut, but rather as an integral part of the Federal Rules as a whole, which are designed 'to secure the just, speedy, and inexpensive determination of every action," Celotex Corp. v. Catrett, 477 U.S. 317 (1986) (citing FRCP 1)


Yeah!! Put that in your pipe and smoke it, or put it in your bubble pipe as may be the case and blow bubbles with it, who smokes pipes anyways? Just the statistics teacher at Hillcrest. What's his name again?

4 comments:

Tracy said...

Ahhh, the Celotex case, my heart sings with joy at the thought that we will be able to share our nerdy law knowledge with each other and laugh at "inside" law jokes with each other. FRCP forever! Summary judgment rules! The Model Penal Code is close to my heart, as is the Restatement of Torts! Our own secret language, bruver.

Brooke said...

i believe his name was mr. hose. yes hose.

Unknown said...

don't let brooke fool you. i know she called lance and me to figure out his name, and I was the one who knew it. ME!!!

Unknown said...

and i got a four on ap statistic. smoke that mr hose.