Saturday, January 3, 2009

Resolve re-solve

How about some new year resolutions? I'm not big on these things really, I think that we should be honest with ourselves and make changes as they become necessary, but still sometimes it is easier if we make a goal and set a time limit.
From what I understand a resolution means we resolve to do or not do something, if you break down resolve, it becomes re-solve, so just solve all of the problems in your life again for the new year. I told my Mother that I don't really have anything to resolve or to solve in my life, except maybe to get married, and you really should not put a timetable on marriage so that's out as a resolution. Seriously though, I guess I could resolve to at least be more proactive and outgoing when it comes to relationships. That's just the type of vague resolution that I can keep.
Besides that I guess this is a good time to reaffirm decisions in my life. To strive to be kind and friendly, to follow the spirit, and to remember the choices I have made and the reasons why I made them. I really feel like I am becoming more of an adult and I am not sure if that is necessarily a good thing since I am already very responsible. I guess I resolve to think about the things I do. Way back in high school I decided that our mental abilities define what we can be, so I am going to try to make sure that I am who I want to be and that I understand why I am making the decisions that I make. By doing this I hope to avoid being swept along by the fickle winds of fate, I can at least control my attitude and my outlook. I also resolve to find ways to enjoy myself in whatever I do, man is that be might have joy. Once more I just want to clarify that these are not new things really, this is just a good time to make sure I am acting in accordance with what I know to be right and true. Merry New Year to all and to all a good year.

1 comment:

Conni said...

Deep thoughts by Matt Harrison... Actually I think you have some great ideas and have given me a lot to think about, thanks! Happy New Year