Monday, November 23, 2009

BYOB, Bring your own beard

The dream is over, at least for a couple of weeks until I grow it back, if I do. We'll see.
I think that this is a good time to explore a couple of options for the future. Let me know what you like and I'll see what I can do.

(1) This is an in-between look. It is one part beard, one part burns, one part handlebar and completely cool. I think it says, I don't care if you like it or not, your girlfriend sure seems too.


(2) This my friends is the classic look. Never goes out of style. Handlebar 'stache with a little soul.


(3) The old standby, I like to call it the "teenage boy". Yeah, I know, it makes me look a little younger. Let me tell you my theory though. I have already gotten some compliments on how I look without a beard, I would not have gotten those if I had not had a beard. So I grow a beard, people compliment me on it, I shave, I get more compliments. Drastic changes lead to compliments, you gotta keep em guessin. Let me know what you want to see next!

3 comments:

Marian said...

Wow, there really was a Matt under that beard! If Justus tried to grow a beard (or a rat-tail or anything like that), he would wake up with it disappeared, or at least mutilated enough that he'd have to shave it. Smart though, to use it to get extra compliments. Too bad I can't do that with my hair - takes way to long to grow it back after I shave it!
I told Justus he needs to post about his job since people keep asking me how he likes it. I just make it up and say that he LOVES it and that he's the favorite employee and they have dance parties once a week. At least I'm sure that is what he is doing when he has to work late.

Tyler Pulsipher said...

It's like The Righteous Brothers say "You're my soul and my insperation," (in a platonic, I like your beards sort of way).

Chad Can Plan said...

I know exactly what you're talking about. Though to shave off my beard it took like three passes with the clippers. I also ruined a disposable razor. It didn't give up without a fight.