Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Not Wicked at all

Well Kaley, I hope you're happy with yourself. My roommate Steve and I (and Lucinda and Melissa) decided that the time to had come to take advantage of the fact that the musical Wicked was playing a block (not even kidding) from my school. We waited for the lottery, got four tickets for $25 dollars apiece, and the magic began. I am not gonna lie and say that I usually don't like musicals, because that would be a lie, I really like 'em, so I was expecting to like this one as well. I was not disappointed. I am not surprised at all at the run that this one has made, it really was great. The best part was Elphaba though. In our show the lady that played just had an incredible voice, just an great voice. One of the perks of living in San Francisco I guess, we get some pretty good talent. So if you haven't seen it, do, and if you have, you might want to think about seeing it again before it's gone. All I know is that after it I was just thinking, "I think I'll try defying gravity . . ."

I am whispering into Elphaba's other ear if you can't tell.

6 comments:

Chad Can Plan said...

$25 is amazing. But did you really win the "lottery" or did you beat up some kid for her tickets. Best $25 brass knuckles ever.

Kim, Byron H & M said...

I'm so glad you saw it and that you're really enjoying the perks of big city living!!

I love it SO SO much, I saw it two times here in LA and once in NYC. But word to the wise, after seven times I hear that it can start to get a bit dull (Seriously, did you know Byron was as big a fan of musicals as you are?!)

Kaley said...

Matt! I am SO happy! I am so glad you liked it too! It is pretty hard not to! I am going again at Christmas time and I can't wait!

Brooke said...

---suppressing bad feelings----and crass language---dad---promised---to take us----that never ---happened. phew. mission accomplished, feelings suppressed. 1-0 brooke to perfectly normal human emotion.

Justus said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Justus said...

Please tell me you dressed up as the scarecrow, or a flying monkey, or a tornado or something when you went to see it. I know Puls would have. Actually, no he wouldn't have; instead I can hear the song now: "we represent the lollipop guild..."