Tuesday, November 3, 2009

THIS IS IT.

I suppose most of you are getting sick of my Micheal Jackson posts, but like the title suggests, this will probably be my last one. I went and saw the movie yesterday with my friend Amy. I liked it. I am not sure that everyone will, and while it was good, I liked it almost more for how it made me think then for what it actually was.
The saddest part of the movie was that Micheal actually looked and sounded very good. He still had the moves, and that makes me even more sad that he passed on when he was not ailing. I hope we all learn our lesson about abusing any type of drug, whether prescription or not.
One thing that was apparent to me was that Micheal Jackson was the consummate performer. In the movie it was clear that the performance was what mattered, and it kept coming back to that. Just from last night it was apparent to me that he would not have performed if he felt that he could not do so at the level that he and his fans expected. Micheal was also surprisingly gracious, and while that could have been creative editing, he seemed to make suggestions in a gracious way, although it was always clear that he was in charge and it was his show.
The final thing that I noticed was that the people that he was working with had turned him into a false idol. They treated him like he was more than a man. I could not live in an environment of "yes" like it was portrayed on the show. I feel bad that they treated him that way. I think his accomplishments lose something when you treat him like he is better than everyone. He should be celebrated because he was just a man and still managed to do so much. Respect him because he is a man, and don't try to raise him to something more than that.
This movie did make me a little sad. It made me really wish that I had seen him live, it would have been quite a show, from the the foremost showman of our time. Rest in peace Micheal, in a place where you don't have to be any more than who you are.

4 comments:

lance said...

I hear you brother, I saw it last week, I enjoyed it, and learned alot about who he was as a person and as a performer. Good, not amazing, but a great movie for fans. It made me a little sad too.

Marc said...

That's not what you were saying when I was trying to sell my tickets! All I heard was "No I don't have money." I think we need a disclaimer: "I would have loved to see him live and for free because I am freaking cheap."

Also congrats on the Tour comeback Lance, don't let those French A-holes tell you what to do!

Chad Can Plan said...

Michael was just too good for this world.

Nicole said...

Thought you might like this:
MJ visits Recycled Records