Thursday, November 5, 2009

Family Friends and Farewell

I promised a movie blog from my October weekend at home, and I will not disappoint. I made no promises about the quality, however, and I stand by that. With Trent getting his Eagle, Tracy having a baby shower, and Renee giving her farewell talk it was quite a weekend. I think this turned out all right, although my "hit and run" style of editing does me no favors. I do think the disco skating portion turned out rather well though, although when you work with Hall and Oates, you don't have to work quite so hard. Enjoy. And Renee, we'll miss ya sista.

p.s. Mad props to Kim for the video work, as well as the many pictures that I poached from her for this project.


9 comments:

angie said...

LOVED the video! Hacksaw, you have some serious fancy feet work at the rink and Sister harrison is adorable! What a fun family! Was that a realk bald eagle at Trent's court of honor??? (lucky)

Kim, Byron H & M said...

GREAT video!!! The disco skating part was awesome - almost more fun than the actual event!! I was expecting to see my name in the credits for my delightful photography/videography, however...

You saved me so much time, now instead of blogging that weekend, I'm just going to link to your blog!! I don't know where you find the time - law student by day, poignant film-maker by night. Loved the Miley also, very fitting!!

Carmen said...

Loved the video and the music especially. Watching the skating made me sad I missed it....darn my husband and his birthday! I love the Harrisons and am so glad I got to participate in a few of those events. I am also very glad the Harrison girls decided to come play games at my house and entertain me for a while.

lance said...

Oh, yes. What a weekend. Awesome video brother, and do I dare say I may or may not have gotten nerd chills from Renee's farewell clip!

gruvers said...

Matt, I'm glad there are blogs so I can be a virtual brother without leaving the comfort of my own home. I hope all is well and law school is great.

Marian said...

Wow, I feel like I was almost there! Looks like a weekend to go down in everyone's memories!

Nicole said...

Wow. I can't believe I missed disco skating. I hope everyone remembers I was the Original Harrison Disco Skater, circa 1993, thank you very much.

The Chad said...

I was NOT surprised that you chose that song to kick the video off with. You'll still have to wait two years, though.

Dad said...

Matt, that was an awesome video, and that week end was the perfect storm no doubt.