Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The First Day - Fiasco.

Well, I was wondering how the real first day was going to go and now I can at least say that things can only get better. I guess I knew that there was reading for the first day, but I did not think it would start out so fast in the class. So I was not prepared, and guess who they call on in the old Socratic method. That's right, me. I have to stand up and stammer out what I think is the answer and then the teacher actually says, "you didn't read, did you"? I said no, so she made me stand in the corner and pull on a chain, just like I'm pulling yours! Ha ha ha. I hope that scared some of you, I just wanted to give Tracy a heart attack. The first day was really chill. I did all of my reading and it seems like they are going to ramp up the work gradually, which is good. The reading is pretty technical, but I know that it will get better. My teachers are cool and I have found all of my classes very interesting. I have four classes, Criminal Law, which is exactly like it sounds. Civil Procedure, which teaches you the procedure for going through all of the legal hoops when civil cases are tried (or mediated et. cetera). Torts, which is part of civil law, and it has alot to do with different types of crimes, suing people, a lot of it is trying crimes in the civil courts. I also have a legal writing and researching class. Law, here I come. Also, the apartment search is coming along, I looked at one in Berkley today where a couple of LDS guys live, I'll keep you all posted.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

I hate you.

D-dawg said...

Tracy's comment made me laugh. Good trick. Matt! I can't believe you've been living at my parent's and I haven't seen you yet. I've been over there a few times but you've been gone. I saw your car though- it is sweet and brought back some Othello memories! I'm excited your going to be living in the bay area for awhile. I'm sure I'll see you eventually!
-your cous. Denae

Kim, Byron H & M said...

Nice trick! Tracy even called to tell me how much she hates you, so her comment is no joke!!

I'm glad everything is going so well up there!! Can't wait to hear how much you like it once you're all settled!