Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Aaauuggggh!!!!!!!!!

Now that I've started I can't stop!!!! I have too many quirks.
I can't throw anything away, I just keep storing more boxes at Dad and Mom's. I know you're all thinking, why Matt, we all do that! Do you still have your third place Oakdale Spelling Bee trophy? How about old scout Grand Prix cars, I even have the one Dad didn't help me with that looks like it got ran over. There's more. Keychains, pocketknives, patches, stickers, little knick knacks from weird places. This might be an obsession. I'm just gonna have to throw some stuff away when I get home this Christmas.
Another thing, I love my own jokes, like I'm crying-and-holding-my-stomach laughing, and no one else is. How about reality tv? I like it. The Hills? I know the whole plot line and all of the characters and have a very specific opinion about each one. So specific I feel I need to yell advice at them when they make bad choices.
One more thing. I hate name brand clothing. It's OK on shoes and pants and when it's really small on stuff, but just right there in your shirt? I just feel like you are proclaiming to the world, "I don't know how to dress, so I'm gonna go buy fashion advice and while I'm at it I might as well just advertise for them as well." Just because it's expensive doesn't mean you should be broadcasting it about, I mean, you don't wear shirts that say your therapist's or lawyer's name on them do you?
That felt good even though it was kinda mean. I also have an ego, Brooke, and I think my ideas are better than other peoples, furthermore I realize that I am mostly harping on people that just wear clothes that look nice and aren't trying to make a statement, so I'm sorry, I appreciate people trying to look nice.
Did I mention I hate posers too? Oh gosh, OK, quirky blogs are over. I'm perfectly normal and sane, which must mean I'm not a Harrison, so never mind, I'm weird, and I like myself, a lot.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

i can't believe you like the hills! i always thought you just said you liked it to be funny...and i agree fully with the name brand thing. you said it so well. i can't wait for you to come up!

Karl said...

Stop posting as me. Get your own identity, that one is mine and I was here first. Except the Hills thing, gross.