Sunday, October 12, 2008

You think you know a guy. . .


So I have this great friend John, I treat him great, teach him all my serving skills, he's like my brother, except Lance is not quite as tall and can't dance as well, but seriously when they were roommates I would get those two mixed up. Anyway, John and I had plans. In 2007 we were both going to get married in August and be next door neighbors, that didn't work out obviously (something about John not setting me up on enough blind dates, I forget). Fast forward to 2008, once again the plan is to live together and be next door neighbors, well he went and got married, I didn't, and I just went and rang my neighbors doorbell, not John. Is everyone else feeling as betrayed as me?
Seriously though, I think that John and Catherine make a great couple. They really compliment each other and they are both passionate about the things they like and will be able to support each other in the good times and commiserate in the not so good times. I am really happy that I got to go to their wedding, and even though I'm gonna miss the good times we had, they are on to bigger and better times, while I have to go make best friends with my neighbor.
Best of luck John and Catherine, and enjoy the (insert most expensive present here) I got for you.

3 comments:

Nama said...

you look like angry, tipsy uncle cleatis in that picture. and john & catherine look frightened. that's one serious beard you got going.

Brooke said...

as much as i love you and your blog, i don't love that you spelled my name wrong. you must take after dad. the man named me at birth and still spells it wrong! it's brookE. with the E. the E!

Ashley said...

What I've learned from this blog has been re-inforced from years of learning. People just let you down. Ok, maybe not. Love the picture though. Classic Hacksaw.